Saturday, January 26, 2008

Open Letter to Red Stripe

* burp *

Dear Red Stripe –


I was up late at night talking with some friends about beer and I revealed to them that I have never really found a light beer in a green bottle that I like: I don't like Heineken or Grolsch or (ugh) Rolling Rock and I just recently learned to like Yuengling OK. And while I know enough about brewing beer to know that different colors of glass allow in different wavelengths of light, I also know enough to realize that the brewing process doesn’t expose the fermenting beer to much light. Thus the influence of the bottle must approach the infinitesimal.

Giving examples of this, a friend said to me: “Red Stripe.”

Conjuring the image of your beer in a green bottle, I spat back at him, “Yeah, but only around Christmas.”

I suggest to you the following: around Christmas you release your beer in a green bottle and milk the holiday-related cash-cow, as long as it’s already there. Don’t bother to make a special holiday beer, just use a green bottle for thirty or sixty days.

In return, I would ask you for a hundred bucks or a case of your beer in recognition of my contribution. Of course this is not a contract and you wouldn’t have to do anything at all, but it would be kind of nice if you did.

Thank you for not making a shitty light beer in a green bottle,



J.P.P. McCue
110 19th Avenue S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33705
joseph.mccue@gmail.com
941.685.4845

No comments: